Safety Measures | Carbon Monoxide Alarms

Carbon Monoxide Alarms (Environmental)

Carbon monoxide gas is a by-product of burning fossil fuels.  It is a colorless, odorless, tasteless, and highly toxic gas. Life-threatening CO buildups can happen anywhere flame-fueled appliances are in use.  Light exposure to carbon monoxide causes flu like symptoms, and when left un-diagnosed, can pose long lasting health risks. Some common symptoms from exposure include; mild nausea, headaches or shortness of breath.  

Electric, Fire & Security provides and install carbon monoxide detectors which alert and help protect your property and residents from the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning. 

Effective August 1, 2009, is a new statute regarding carbon monoxide detectors in multi-family or apartment dwellings.

See http://www.dps.state.mn.us/fmarshal/CO/CarbonMonoxideAlarmInfoSheet072909.pdf